DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT, TRANSPORT AND THE REGIONS
CLAUSE 12: RATES OF VEHICLE EXCISE DUTY FOR MOBILE PUMPING VEHICLES.
1. This clause introduces a definition of "mobile pumping vehicle" into the Special Vehicle group. The provision takes effect on Royal Assent.
2. Subsections (1) and (2) allow for mobile pumping vehicles to be inserted in Part IV of Schedule 1 of the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act (VERA) 1994 and be classified as a "Special Vehicle" paying an annual rate of duty of £165.
3. Subsection 3 and 4 set out the definition of a mobile pumping vehicle. This will be introduced on Royal Assent.
4. Subsection 5 makes the provision that where a licence was taken out for a mobile pumping vehicle, after Royal Assent, the vehicle can be considered a mobile crane (which pays the same rate of duty) thereafter.
5. Subsection 6 makes provision for adding mobile pumping vehicles to paragraph 1A of the Act. Mobile pumps will not therefore be exempt from VED, as old vehicles, even if constructed prior to January 1973.