to raise the rate of sustainable growth, and achieve rising prosperity, through creating economic and employment opportunities for all.
1. maintaining a stable macroeconomic framework with low inflation;
2. maintaining sound public finances in accordance with the Code for Fiscal Stability;
3. improving the quality and the cost effectiveness of public services;
4. increasing the productivity of the economy;
5. expanding economic and employment opportunities for all;
6. promoting a fair and efficient tax and benefit system with incentives to work, save and invest;
7. achieving a high standard of regularity, propriety and accountability in public finance;
8. securing an innovative, fair dealing, competitive and efficient market in financial services, while striking the right balance with regulation in the public interest;
9. promoting UK economic prospects by pursuing increased productivity and efficiency in the EU, international financial stability and increased global prosperity, including especially protecting the most vulnerable.